King Shehran and Sessa ebn Daher
As the tail says there was a king in India, called Shehran, dominating on everything, but his tedium. He was bored in the morning, noon and at night, all every day, until he fell ill because of it.
Sessa ebn Daher, his court wise man, to heal the king, invented a new game, called it chess. The game was brilliant, the king has recovered from the illnes after the first game.
- What do you want as a reward? - asked Shehran.
- A few grains of wheat only: put one grain on the first square of the chessboard, then double it on the next squares - said Sessa ebn Daher.
- Humble request! - smiled the king, but finally couldn't perform it.
The number of the wheat grains was 18 trillion, 446 billiard, 744 billion, 73 milliard 709 million, 551 thousand 615, which is approximately 700 thousand million tonnes.
The following list contains all the stories gathered from here and there.
Click on any of them.
Games start from the standard initial setup by default, but it is possible to start new games from any setup.
Other setups can be given at challenges, in the following two ways::
With these two ways we can exercise openings, middle games or endings, or can replay games from one point, or else.
- With move list: the given sequence of valid moves that reach the specific setup.
- With FEN line: this is the standard one line description of any position (either invalid)
Post Your Notice|
Voice your opinion about this page to the other visitors.
For easier printing of this page there is a printer friendly version of it:
To suggest this page someone:
Send to a friend
To view this page with another font size: