Close the window
Using our chess server means that...
- Play many rated and friendly games simultaneously.
- Challenge each other or can they request rating based pairing.
- Enter chess tournaments.
- Choose time controls, such as the 10/30, or the 5+1 system, or can play without time controls.
- Play traditional and Fischer Random Chess games.
- Submit or solve chess problems.
- Send and receive messages between players and discussion lists. Messages can be sent alongside moves as is common in traditional correspondence chess, or separately.
- Start new games from predefined setups, use predefined openings, middle games or endings.
- Use the traditional PGN format to send and receive moves, a simple text format, or a graphical format.
- Use different forms of chess notation, and conditional moves too.
- Study analysis sent in by other players and can share their knowledge with others by writing analysis.
- Can join existing teams or can create new teams.
Our server is constantly being improved, the following facilities are currently being developed...
- Players need not be online at the same time, because they get their opponents' moves, challenges, messages by email.
- Web access is not required, and there is no need to log in anywhere.
- It's easy to find opponents, players can challenge each others, or can request pairing, where players with similar playing strength are paired together. Pairing parameters are customizable.
- You can play many new games by entering for tournaments. You can enter tournaments after you have completed 5 games.
- Game play is safe, because the server verifies each move, takes care of used up and remaining playing time, and records everything in logs.
- You cannot play invalid moves as the chess server checks that all moves are in accordance with the laws of chess.
- Privacy is taken seriously, email addresses are not given out, there is no virus danger here.
- Time controls protect players from endless thinking, but give enough time, usually days, to play when they have free time.
- You can register several email addresses so that you can play from the office and then from home too.
Unlike traditional correspondence chess, moves are not sent directly to the opponents, but to the chess server. The server verifies each move, records them in logs, calculates used up time, sends a message to the opponent, sends a confirmation to the moving player, and at the end of the game recalculates the ratings and rankings.
- Some more tournaments needed, such as Swiss, KO and other events, Club Championships.
- Playing in team tournaments.