The chess server is responsible for the continuous operation of the club.
The development of the server was stopped in 2005. No new features are expected, although the club will operate in its current state for an undetermined time.
The most important last developments:
You can suggest things to develop or voice your opinion to Andras Galos according to the Contact page.
- Jan 10, 2005: We can form teams. We are preparing for team matches and team tournaments.
- Sep 6, 2004: Supporting the Fischer Random Variant we can play Bobby Fischer\'s great chess variant here.
- Jun 22, 2004: Claiming result in broken games: Winning is not always the best for everyone. The innocent player can decide what he/she wants.
- May 18, 2004: Calculating an approximate reliability factor for the players: This helps to get a basic overview of the playing habit of the player.
- Mar 7, 2004: Continuous class tournaments: Players from wider class ranges can play against each other in these tournaments
- Nov 22, 2003: Invitation based tournaments: Official, external organizations use this, where entering is possible via the players\' previous results.
- Oct 22, 2003: Analyses: Players can study game analyses sent in by other players, and can share their own analyses with them.
- Oct 6, 2003: A guidance for new members is set up. New players can go through all the features of the club via the chapters of the Guide. They will know how things go in the club, the most important things, settings, and what to do and how to do.
- Aug 24, 2003: Support of the Insufficient Mating Material Rule.
- Aug 9, 2003: Messages with moves, challenges, etc.: According to the traditional correspondence chess, players can easily discuss with each other during their games.
- May 8, 2003: Downloading games in PGN: Games can be retrieved as PGN attachments.
- Apr 30, 2003: Scrollable moves in games in html message format.
- Apr 21, 2003: Digest mode: Players can set they want to get their messages in one or two (or more) batch messages, where all their messages are collected into one. This helps them to keep balance with their normal life or work especially when they play many games simultaneously.
- Apr 21, 2003: Automatic pairing: They can set how many games they want to play simultaneously and whenever the number of
their active games lowers under this value the server will try to find them new opponents by pairing.
King Shehran and Sessa ebn Daher|
As the tail says there was a king in India, called Shehran, dominating on everything, but his tedium. He was bored in the morning, noon and at night, all every day, until he fell ill because of it.
Sessa ebn Daher, his court wise man, to heal the king, invented a new game, called it chess. The game was brilliant, the king has recovered from the illnes after the first game.
- What do you want as a reward? - asked Shehran.
- A few grains of wheat only: put one grain on the first square of the chessboard, then double it on the next squares - said Sessa ebn Daher.
- Humble request! - smiled the king, but finally couldn't perform it.
The number of the wheat grains was 18 trillion, 446 billiard, 744 billion, 73 milliard 709 million, 551 thousand 615, which is approximately 700 thousand million tonnes.
Link to E4EC|
Yes, we'd appreciate it if you want to link to e4ec.org from your own website.
You can use this graphic and link if you want to create a graphical link...
Post Your Notice|
Voice your opinion about this page to the other visitors.
For easier printing of this page there is a printer friendly version of it:
To suggest this page someone:
Send to a friend
To view this page with another font size: